Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My Trip So Far

So far in New England, we've been pretty much everywhere. We've hit Quincy and Boston Massachusetts to see John Adams house and the Freedom Trail, and Poughkeepsie NY to see FDR's house, the Presidential Library and the Vanderbilt mansion. It's been a lot of history in not a ton of time, but it's been a lot of fun. Here are a few pictures from out trip so far.

FDR's house, Springwood
FDR and Eleanor's graves in the rose garden at Springwood

Fountain in the Italian Gardens at the Vanderbilt mansion
Bridge at the Vanderbilt mansion, part of the driveway
Vanderbilt Mansion
John Adams birthplace
Peacefield, the John Adams residence
Adams Library at Peacefield
Old North Church in Boston
The house I think I should be living in

Also, while out here we've been spending time with our friends and their children.  One of these children is six years old.  She sometimes says things that are hilarious, though she doesn't even realize her own hilarity.  The other day we were talking about hating Hannah Montana and her sister said "Oh gee, I'm Hannah Montana, the only reason people like me is because I have a nice butt" and little Josie says "But you do have a nice butt!"  Jason and I start laughing at the sincerity of the statement, she looks at us as she walks behind her sister and gestures to Jenna's butt and says "Doesn't Jenna have a nice butt?  She does!"

Out of the mouths of babes...


1 comment:

Amy W. said...

It appears that you have seen more of historical New england than I have and I have lived here for almost a year.